Wednesday, July 15, 2015

What real feminists do

As much as I have screamed to the heavens how I hate Social Justice Warriors, social justice itself is a noble cause, it's just been perverted by Twitter harpies, Tumblrinas, and shifty entitled assholes in ivory towers bitching about first world problems like offensive code strings or fictional female shaped pixels.

This is my feelings on all that:

FUCK YOU, WHAT ABOUT ACTUAL WOMEN WHO SUFFER?!

There are countries on this planet where women have no agency, no rights, and no dignity. There are women who are literal slaves to men, who can be beaten, murdered, raped, and tortured, and they cannot defend themselves. These poor souls are in situations where they can be clubbed to death simply asking for a sip of water if a man doesn't want them to, and it pisses me the fuck off most of the psuedo-feminists above can only rant about "manspreading" and "oh no, Princess Peach is a helpless damsel!"

FUCK YOU, ACTUAL WOMEN ARE SUFFERING AND YOU DON'T GIVE A GODDAMN SHIT!

Most of these assholes live in countries where they are free to bitch and have access to law enforcement, legal and medical resources, and all sorts of support groups, and they don't give a shit about the women who have none of this and live every fucking day in terror and misery.

Frankly, as a feminist myself, I want to see those girls who want to read in countries where they are getting killed for it protected and allowed to learn. I want to see the men who can keep women as literal slaves, especially for sex, I want to see them broken and powerless, so they can know what atrocities they visited on their victims. I want every woman without the freedom to even lift their head without punishment for doing so to live in a world where they can raise their heads without fear.

And most of all, I want to see the women who could get off their asses to do something for them shut the fuck up about first world bullshit and help those women who are truly suffering from misogyny.

If they did that, I might be more inclined to take their bitching about video games and crude sexual advances by males a little more seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Farewell to My Father

 My father just passed April 1, 2024 6:36 PM. For those reading this, I want to make absolutely clear the world lost a great man named John ...