Friday, March 24, 2017

Beta testing DQ1 Remake Build 2.20 now

I currently have a lot of beta testing for Build 2.20 of DQ1 Remake I'm doing now, and while I don't have half s much unfinished content to worry about like I did before, I need to test the following:

Play Balance: Catilin, much like in the original game and DQ3, is the shopping mall of my world, and you can get some excellent gear, some of which is but a step or two down from some of the best gear in the game, so I'm going to have to make sure play balance isn't set to make things too easy or hard regardless of your equipment.

Scripting: I have a considerable amount of game events that revolve around scripts in this build, and I have to make sure none of them are broken.

Next build preparations: In the next build, I plan to make the normal route of the game beatable as well as completely unlock the bonus dungeon and true ending route, Certain IRL events have made progress slow, but I hope to get on with it because I really want to finish this sooner or later.

Optimization: Some of my maps are getting tweaks to fix speed issues, have recently tweaked Catilin to use a smaller overall map size without losing any details, plan to do the same to other maps.

Consistency: In my continuing quest to make sure WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get), I'm tweaking all maps to continue to have visual consistency when changing areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gamergate 2 is on, and I want no part of it

 This will not be a long post, but I just want to make clear, as someone who was involved in the first go-round of Gamergate, I want no part...