I'm on the cusp of sending out the closed beta of Build 2.20 of DQ1 Remake to beta testers, and I have to admit this build stops shy of including a lot of content I wanted to add because, frankly, I have so many game balance concerns at this point I don't want to add a ton of new areas and content before I have that resolved.
Several fixes over 2.10 include:
1. Scripting fixes for the minigames to resolve some crash issues.
2. Hopefully have removed all traces of the original crappy dialouge system code.
3. Code/resource bloat has been trimmed as much as possible, frame rate should be better overall, no more lag spikes.
4. Some further balance fixes to enemies and some random steal skill crashes should also be fixed.
5. Implemented some code meant for use in later builds, but only partially, most is dummied out for now because I don't want to totally enable some scripting code without finishing more content that would require it for stability reasons.
6. Have attempted some preliminary streamlining and optimization of all resources included in the game for it's eventual "gold" release. Many soundtrack files still need looping and I've still got some resources that aren't used but are retained in case any code still calls for their existence, this will be addressed later.
I also admit after a certain point I have not extensively tested some content and it's functional but not complete because I want a good idea about balance issues first before doing anything ambitious or polishing any rough spots.
Once I have made sure all the essentials will functional as advertised more or less and that no major showstopping bugs remain, I'll be packaging the current build and sending out the closed beta to testers.